Parenting Courses & Events
Click on title of course or event to see full details.
← Back to directory
- Programme Name
- Occupational Therapy - Using Social Stories to help children with ASD understand and interact with others
- Summary of Topics Covered
- One of the biggest challenges faced by children on the ASD spectrum can be their lack of comprehension with changing social and emotional situations in life. Some children find it simply impossible to naturally understand the difference between two seemingly obvious social scenes and can often react in a socially inappropriate manner. This talk aims to explore some of the reasons for these issues and go through series of Social Stories specifically designed to help children understand and more appropriately deal with various social scenes.
The Talk will address the following issues:
• Children with ASD rely heavily on the use of Visual learning
• Children’s senses can often be overwhelmed by sensory input which can lead to reactions
• How to use social stories to explain social situations
• Examples and recommendations
- Age group of child/ren that course applies to
- Who is this course/event for?
- Parents and Professionals
- Leixlip, Co. Kildare
- Venue Details
- Leixlip Community Library, Captain's Hill, Leixlip, Co. Kildare, W23 WR96
- Start Date
- End Date
- Start Time
- 07:00 pm
- Finish Time
- 08:00 pm
- Once-off event
- Free event but booking required
- How to book a place?
- Contact Leixlip Community Library on 01 6060050 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Programme provider
- Kildare Library & Arts Service
- Name of Facilitator
- The Sunflower Clinic
Add Parenting Course or Event